1. What Is PEF?
2. Who are the people behind PEF?
3. What is the governance model of PEF ?
PEF team consists of 7 staff members and is led by the CEO, who reports to the Board of Governors. All business processes are managed as a mini corporation, The Board of Governors meets every quarter to monitor progress and provide guidance on future policies
4. Do the Board members derive any monetary benefit from the Foundation?
5. Where does PEF receive its funds from?
Presently PEF receives its funds from various corporate organizations and hundreds of individuals based in Pakistan, USA, UK and Canada. Our board of governors also contribute generously every year.
6. Are the donations tax exempted in Pakistan -USA - UK and Canada ?
The foundation has received tax exemption certificate from FBR as such all local donations are tax exempted. Donations in Pakistan, USA and Canada are also tax exempted, while in UK the donations are entitled for Gift Aid support from the government.
7. Is PEF eligible for Zakat ?
8. How much are administration expenses of PEF and who bears these expenses?
9. Do all expenses related to traveling, holding of dinners to promote/propagate PEF's cause come from donations?
10. How do you meet the cost of fund-raisers?
11. Who audits PEF accounts?
12. How many students is PEF funding this year and how many have graduated so far ?
In 2021-22 we funded 2200 students and in 2022-23 we plan to fund 2400 students. Over the 2009-2020, PEF has produced 2300+ graduates which include 1002 Doctors, 889 Engineers, 256 Agriculture Engineers, 99 Business Studies & 56 Computer Science and IT professionals.
13. What is the drop-out rate of students?
14. How can we volunteer and support the PEF cause?
There are 4 concrete ways to join PEF’s mission of Poverty Alleviation through Professional Education:
- Join one of our chapters in Karachi, Lahore, Islamabad, London, Toronto, Silicon Valley, Chicago, and Houston and help us in raising funds through your individual contacts and by organizing local fund raisers.
- Create a group of “Friends of PEF” in your city or amongst your friends and share with them our marketing material, student stories and our performance over last 11 years.
- Give us a list of your contacts and we will send them an update on PEF every month.
- Create your own fundraising initiative for PEF like Bazaar, fund raising in schools and clubs.
15. How can I sponsor the funding of a student?
When a donor donates Rs 90,000/ USD 400/CAD 600 or multiple, PEF pays his / her fees to the university and informs the donor which student is allocated to the donor.
16. How do you monitor progress of students?
Every year university informs PEF about the academic progress in form of their GPA
17. What information you provide in the student progress report to donors
Student name, university, field of study, Year of study & Last GPA